Computer glasses and OHS
In the Working Conditions Act you will find rules about healthy and safe working. Rules that employers must adhere to. The OHSS (Occupational Health & Safety Service) has also drawn up rules about computer glasses. We will gladly tell you more about it.
The Health and Safety Decree says the following when it comes to possible risks related to computer work:
- After two hours, an employee is entitled to a break or other work than computer work.
- Prior to entering into computer work or in the occurrence of eye complaints as a result of computer work, an employee may have an (preventive) eye examination done.
The employer is obliged to record the possible dangers of computer work for the physical strain and the eyesight as well as the above rules in his risk inventory and evaluation (RI&E). He must also indicate what measures he takes to prevent or alleviate eye complaints and other health complaints that may result from computer work. A possible computer glasses reimbursement must also be covered in the OHS.
WHAT DOES THE WORKING CONDITIONS ACT MENTION ABOUT COMPUTER GLASSES
In the Working Conditions Decree, the following rights are listed for employees who do computer work:
- An employee who is going to do computer work may, prior to his work, have an occupational health examination that involves the eyes and eyesight.
- He may undergo this examination again if visual disorders occur that may result from computer work.
- If necessary, the employee may have additional ophthalmological examinations/medical eye examinations done.
- If the results of (one of the two) studies show that special eye correction instruments are required, the employer must make these available. Especially when ordinary eye correction means can not be used.
According to the Occupational Health and Safety Service, computer glasses must be reimbursed by the employer in the following cases:
- For employees who require reading glasses and do computer work.
- For employees who need computer glasses and who spend on average more than two hours a day on the computer.
The Occupational Health and Safety Act therefore states that the purchase costs of computer glasses must be reimbursed by the employer.
seeh. knows everything about the reimbursement of computer glasses and the OHS
At seeh. you are at the right place if you wish to know more about the Working Conditions Act, computer glasses and reimbursement according tot he OHHS. We are happy to help you with all your questions and to arrange the necessary computer glasses. That is what we are all about.Contact us
EENVOUDIG EN SNEL Computerbril BESTELLEN BIJ SEEH
seeh. en maakt het je wel erg gemakkelijk om een computerbril aan te schaffen voor je medewerkers.
Employer orders and receives order form
Employee takes measurement at Hans Anders
Pick up and check at Hans Anders
Employer receives the invoice via seeh.
- Best price for a complete product
- Quick and easy ordering
- Customer-friendly specialists who can be reached directly